Maxwell Fireplace is known for outstanding service, attention to detail, unique product assortment and creative solutions for indoor and outdoor residential fireplaces. Serving the lower mainland and beyond, we’ve worked closely with homeowners, contractors, builders, designers and architects in the purchase, installation and servicing of fireplaces since 1986, and considered one of the top fireplace companies in the Greater Vancouver Area. Located in North Vancouver we offer a showroom featuring a unique and diverse offering of gas fireplaces, all of which are installed and serviced by our in-house team of specialized and skilled installers and service technicians.
With the boom in construction and homeowners’ desires to upgrade and renovate, our business is on fire! In order to best serve our customers, and keep pace with our growth, we’re hiring Gas Fitter Apprentices levels 1 and/or 2.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and under the guidance of a ticketed Gas Fitter, the Apprentice participates in the installation of gas fireplaces at existing residential homes, new builds and en mass at multi-family complexes. They interact directly with homeowners, construction crews, developers, and contractors on all matters related to fireplace installation, and collaborate with colleagues to ensure installation is to code and to the expectations of the company’s clients.
The position is defined in 4 key areas of responsibility and accountability.
- Health & Safety
- Customer Service
- Administration, Licencing & Reporting
- Report to the Director of Operations and Installer on a daily basis to determine work schedule, assignments, project timelines, and priorities at the beginning of each shift
- Participate in the installation of gas fireplaces
- Report issues, deficiencies and missing parts to the Installer in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Installer to troubleshoot issues that affect installation. Report critical issues to management in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Installer to discuss any queries related to installation
- Upon completion, conduct a thorough inspection of the installation to ensure it meets the quality of workmanship and safety standards expected by the company and its clients
Health and Safety
- Install fireplaces adhering to manufacturers’ recommendations and guidelines at all times
- Understand and adhere to each city’s building code at all times
- Keep up-to-date on and adhere to health and safety requirements as set out by Worksafe, the company, construction companies and any third-party at all times.
- Report any and all injuries to the Installer and/or management immediately
- Complete any and all documentation associated with Worksafe, and any other party, in a timely manner
- Foster a culture of respect in the workplace
- Treat all customers in a respectful manner at all times
- Communicate, as appropriate, to keep customers informed of timelines, progress, issues, and resolutions
- Report escalated customer issues to the Installer and/or management immediately
- Respect customers’ homes by maintaining a clean and organized workspace
Administration, Licensing and Reporting
- Participate in company and team meetings as required
- Complete course work to attain a valid B-Class ticket
- Maintain a safe driving record and valid BC driver’s licence
- Keep up-to-date with manufacturers’ installation requirements
- Complete and submit installation and warranty documentation
- Maintain an accurate log of hours worked. Submit to the Director of Operations accordingly.
- Complete and submit accurately completed HR and Worksafe documentation as required
- Respond to all emails in a timely manner
- Must be in the process of completing the B ticket licence at a credited school
- Valid BC driver’s licence (class 5) is a requirement of the position
- Excellent driving record (employment may be subject to the condition of a clean drivers’ abstract)
- Some experience installing gas appliances and/or gas fireplaces
- Comfortable being on roofs of various sorts
- Must be innovative, solutions-oriented and customer centric
- Demonstrate an outgoing personality and able to establish rapport with others instantly
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturers install manuals, product lists and daily work order schedules
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Legible handwriting and accurate documentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of smart phone technology
- Must possess steel toed foot ware in suitable condition
- Flexible availability. Typical hours of work are Monday to Friday 8-5. This position may be required to work outside of the typical hours of work, including Saturdays.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to work with a company that’s in growth mode
- Opportunities for advancement
- Customized on-boarding and training
- Scheduling to accommodate education
- Work/life balance
- Generous and competitive compensation
- Company Benefits
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Free parking
- Smart phone
- Use of company vehicle (while conducting work on behalf of the company)
- Light construction attire
- Hats and shirts with company logo
- Super fun holiday parties
- Product discounts