Maxwell Fireplace is known for outstanding service, attention to detail, a unique product assortment and creative solutions for indoor and outdoor residential fireplaces. Serving the lower mainland and beyond, we’ve worked closely with homeowners, contractors, builders, designers and architects in the purchase, installation and servicing of fireplaces since 1986, and considered the top fireplace company in the Greater Vancouver Area. Our headquarters in North Vancouver features a showroom showcasing unique and diverse offerings of gas and wood burning fireplaces, all of which are installed and serviced by our own specialized and skilled team of installers and service technicians.
With the boom in construction and homeowners’ desires to upgrade and renovate, our business is on fire! In order to best serve our customers, and keep pace with our growth, we’re building our install team and recruiting for an experienced Installer.
Reporting to the Director of Operations the Installer is responsible for the installation of gas fireplaces at existing residential homes, new builds and en mass at multi-family complexes. They interact directly with homeowners, construction crews, developers, and contractors on all matters related to fireplace installation, and collaborate with internal teams and management to ensure installation is to code and to the expectations of the company’s clients.
What you will do.
The role is defined in 4 of key areas of responsibility and accountability. Installation. Health & Safety. Customer Service. Administration, Licencing & Reporting.
- Report to the Director of Operations on a daily basis to determine work schedule, assignments, project timelines, and priorities at the beginning of each shift
- Oversee and execute the installation of gas and wood burning fireplaces
- Provide guidance and support to team members and sub-trades/contractors assigned to the project
- Report issues, deficiencies and missing parts to management in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot issues that affect installation and find workable solutions. Report critical issues to management in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to discuss any queries related to installation
- Upon completion, conduct a thorough inspection of the installation to ensure it meets the quality of workmanship and safety standards expected by the company and its clients
Health and Safety
- Install fireplaces adhering to manufacturers’ recommendations and guidelines at all times
- Understand and adhere to each city’s building code at all times
- Keep up-to-date on and adhere to health and safety requirements as set out by Worksafe, the company, construction companies and any third-party at all times.
- Report any and all injuries to management immediately
- Complete any and all documentation associated with Worksafe, and any other party, in a timely manner
- Foster a culture of respect in the workplace
- Treat all customers in a respectful manner at all times
- Communicate, as appropriate, to keep customers informed of timelines, progress, issues, and resolutions
- Report escalated customer issues to management immediately
- Respect customers’ homes by maintaining a clean and organized workspace
- Follow up on all commitments and promises made to customers
Administration, Licensing and Reporting
- Participate in company and team meetings as required
- Maintain a valid B-Class ticket
- Maintain a safe driving record and valid BC driver’s licence
- Keep up-to-date with manufacturers’ installation requirements
- Complete and submit installation and warranty documentation
- Maintain an accurate log of hours worked. Submit to payroll accordingly.
- Complete and submit accurately completed HR and Worksafe documentation as required
- Respond to all emails in a timely manner
- Valid Class B ticket in gas is a requirement of the position
- Valid BC driver’s licence (class 5) is a requirement of the position
- Excellent driving record (employment may be subject to the condition of a clean drivers’ abstract)
- 2+ years’ experience installing gas appliances and/or gas fireplaces
- Experience in dealing with builders, contractors, designers, architects and engineers would be an asset
- Comfortable being on roofs of various sorts
- Must be innovative, solutions-oriented and customer centric
- Demonstrate an outgoing personality and able to establish rapport with others instantly
- Proven track record in quality work
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturers install manuals, product lists and daily work order schedules
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Legible handwriting and accurate documentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of smart phone technology
- Must possess steel toed foot ware in suitable condition
- Flexible availability. Typical hours of work are Monday to Friday 8-5. This position may be required to work outside of the typical hours of work, including Saturdays.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to work with a company that’s in growth mode
- Opportunities for advancement
- Customized on-boarding and training
- Work/life balance
- Generous and competitive compensation
- Company Benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Free parking
- Smart phone
- Use of company vehicles (while conducting work on behalf of the company)
- Light construction attire
- Hats and shirts with company logo
- Super fun holiday parties
- Product discounts