Why Choose an Electric Fireplace?
A modern electric fireplace is clean, energy efficient, and takes up very little space. With the flick of a switch a room can be heated and the fireplace can create an ambient atmosphere. They can be more cost effective and low maintenance than a gas or log burning fireplace. Electric fireplaces don’t need to be vented or professionally installed.
Advantages of Electric Fireplaces
- More affordable – Natural gas and log fires need venting and gas lines. Installation of an electric fireplace can be as simple as unboxing it and plugging into an electrical outlet.
- Very efficient – an electric fireplace is very efficient with no heat being lost to the outside via a chimney or venting
- Limited maintenance required – an occasional wipe down of the glass front and replacing a lightbulb is all the is required
- Less space needed. A hung electric fireplace only protrudes 6″ to 8″ into a room, and a recessed fireplace only needs this much room
- Suitable for apartments or condos where there is no existing fireplace, gas lines or ventilation. A wide selection of makes and models to fit any space
- Zone heating – a great source of supplemental heat
- Enjoy the ambiance of real fire without the mess. Flame effect technology can now produce amazingly realistic flames
How does an electric Fireplace work?
Electric fireplaces use metal coils to create heat. As the coils heat, a fan or blower forces the warmed air into the room. Some electric fireplaces also use infrared technology to directly heat a room. If you want to maximize the heating capability, an infrared electric fireplace is a good choice
A Flame imitation effect is created by projecting LED Lights onto a screen in a random pattern
Types of Electric Fireplace
Electric Firebox / Electric Fireplace Inserts
A plug-in firebox provides the look of a traditional fireplace with unmatched flexibility. It can be installed anywhere. No venting or gas lines are required. An electric firebox can provide a practical zone heating solution for rooms up to 1,000 square feet.
An Electric insert can be used to replace a wood or gas fireplace. It fits right into existing fireplaces. It is therefore ideal for retrofit designs so if you already have a chimney or hearth in place
Linear wall-mount electric fireplaces.
These can be either hung right on your wall or recessed into the wall for a cleaner look
The sleek design of a wall-mount fireplace completely transforms the look of any room. The media bed of a linear fireplace can be customized with glass, sand, river rock, pebbles, and driftwood. The color of the flame can be changed to match your mood or complement your décor.
Here at Maxwell Fireplace we offer a wide selection of electric fireplaces by Napoleon and Dimplex.